You’ve heard the big announcement – we’re heading to WPPI for our second year in a row! We’re super excited to share with you the tips and ticks that we’ve learned to have fun and get the most out of your time at WPPI!
- Don’t rent a car. Unless you’re planning a road trip to the Grand Canyon while you’re in Vegas, everything else is in walking distance, and because everything is close, taxi’s are affordable.
- Wear comfy shoes. The hotel consists of long hallways and often times just getting in feels like you’ve walked miles. Classes are held in a three-story convention center and its a little bit of a hike just to get to the expo. Your feet will get tired no matter what, so do them a favor and wear shoes with good support and comfy soles.
- Bring water and snacks. When you’re in the thick of things, you’ll want to have water on you to stay hydrated. You’ll also want some good snacks to carry around. All the restaurants are back in the main hotel and when you do break for lunch, so will everyone else. Expect long lunch lines and no food for sale anywhere in the convention or expo center.
- Get lots of sleep and take your Airborne. When gathering thousands of people together, germs will spread. Give your immune system a boost and do anything else you can to keep from getting sick.
- Bring business cards. WPPI is mecca for networking. You’ll want to pass along your info to keep in touch and remember names. We’d suggest putting them in your lanyard, ready to pass out. Business cards are also another way to enter giveaways and win prizes so make sure you bring enough!
- Stay connected. Download the WPPI2016 app where you can get the speaker schedule, a list of the exhibitors, and so much more. Follow WPPI’s official IG account and search hastags to see what else is going on.
- Bring your battery charger with you. Once you’re connected, you’ll want to stay connected. There are only a few WiFi hot spots and the rest of your time, your phone will be searching for service and draining the battery. Nothing’s worse than a dead phone. At theFINDlab booth 1700, we’ll have charging stations; so if you did forget your charger come chat with us and charge your phone while eating some candy!
- The trade show pass may be all you need. Don’t feel like you have to spend the extra cash to attend Platform or Master classes, just attend the trade show. Most of your favorite photographers speak in a more intimate setting at the booths anyways. Plus, this is where you want to be to meet vendors and get huge discounts on your favorite gear. To sign up for your free expo pass, complimentary of theFINDlab, sign up here!
- Plan and be flexible. There are literally over a hundred speakers. Layout a potential schedule for yourself and don’t feel like you have to stick to it. If a speaker isn’t resonating with you, don’t feel bad getting up and leaving. Find the speakers that are going to help you grow and get motivated
Hope this list helps you and don’t forget to come visit us at booth 1700!