In our new film spotlight series, we’re highlighting various color and black & white film stocks! First up: Kodak Portra 400. Watch the video below for information you need to know when shooting this film stock for the first time, as well as some tips and tricks for seasoned professionals!
Things to remember about Portra 400…
- Has a yellow base, so it accentuates golden tones
- Most versatile color film stock: can be shot in a variety of lighting scenarios and scanned to fit a variety of aesthetic preferences
- When you plan to develop normally, shoot it at 200 ISO for best results
- May have a green undertone in overcast light
- Can be pushed 1-2 stops with good results
- Always have Portra 400 on hand, because it does well in a variety of lighting situations